Saturday, August 1, 2020

FREEBIE FRIDAY...ON SATURDAY? AUGUST 1, 2020

Hey friends!  I just wanted to pop in with a quick post to share the card I made for Bugaboo's Freebie Friday at Catch the Bug:


This little fella is called Kidlet - Curly Hair BoyIsn't he just so adorable?    I love him in his little bib overalls and matching shirt!  Kinda reminds me of Garanimals clothing...do you remember those?  They were always so cute and matchy-matchy.  I'm pretty sure I wore my fair share of those back in the day! 😉  
For this card, I wanted to choose colors that didn't really expressly shout "BOY", but nothing that would read girly either.  I chose this green striped paper and the wood paper from a Recollections 12x12 paper pad called Seaglass.  The sentiment also comes from the paper pad, and I thought it would be really cute with this small guy.  I asked my buddy Renee from Delaney Jane Cards for advice on whether or not a hexagon looked like a "masculine" shape, LOL!  We both agreed that it kinda did, so I just went with it!  I used the largest Spellbinders Hexagon die to cut the wood paper, and then just traced the outside of the die onto the olivey-green card stock and cut it with my trimmer.  Easy peasy!

--CHALLENGES--

Love to Craft #49:  ATG (2/5)
Mix it Up #40:  ATG (2/5)
Polkadoodles #31:  ATG (2/2)
Digi Choosday #30:  ATG (2/2)
CHN Patterned Paper:  ATG using patterned paper
The Outlawz Festive Fridays:  Travel/Vacation

Thanks for stopping by today!  Make sure you stop by the Catch the Bug blog, if you haven't already (since I'm a day late!), to see what the rest of the DT made, and to snag this cutie while he's still a freebie!


Until next time, Take Care and God Bless! 

~Marie~


Come visit me in these places!  :)

Pinterest
Instagram
Facebook

4 comments:

  1. Awe what a cutie and a beauty. Nice work. Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.


    Annette DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Love To Craft. We hope to see you again.
    ~ DT Sherry xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! Thanks you for joining with us at Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge. Good luck with your entry
    Maritza DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card Marie. Thanks for sharing at MIU this month.

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...