Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Jingle Belles TIC TAC TOE, take 2!

The Jingle Belles are Tic Tac Toe-ing again this week!  Here again is the playing board:

This time I chose to go across the middle:  flowers, red or green, and ribbon.  Here's my card:



For the flower, of course I had to use my Spellbinders poinsettia die again, cut out of vellum.  I distressed the edges of the white panel with scissors and Frayed Burlap DI.  Dyed the seam binding with the dark red ink used to stamp the swirls, and added some Fired Brick to add dimension to the color a bit.  I was hoping the poinsettia would stand out a bit more, but I didn't want to distress it at all...it looks better IRL, I promise!

Well, that's all for tonight...I may start another card, or I may just check out Pinterest!  :)  Take care!

~Marie~

2 comments:

  1. That die cut is so elegant in vellum ... beautiful holiday design ... so glad you played again with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my holy holiday flippin' gosh, miss marie! what an incredibly lovely holiday card! that vellum poinsttia is ♥TO DIE FOR♥!!! yowza!!! i gotta try that, and SOON!!! thanks for joining again in our JINGLE BELLES tic-tac-toe game, i would not have missed this one for anything! :)

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...